American Hometown Heroes
Candidates for the American Home Town Heroes Grant must meet the following qualification requirements to be considered:
- Candidates must have served in any branch of the United States military within the past 10 years prior to the date of the application and must provide proof of service that is acceptable to the publisher’s Grant Selection Committee.
- Candidates must have opened a business 6 months or less from the date of this application, or must be planning to open a business within 6 months of the date of this application unless otherwise approved by the publisher’s Grant Selection Committee.
- Candidate’s business must be geographically located within the directory area(s) of the publisher from whom they are seeking a grant.
- Candidates must provide proof of their ownership that is acceptable to the publisher’s Grant Selection Committee.
- Candidates must be willing to allow their grant to be publicized.
- Candidates must be willing to maintain communications with their granting publisher throughout the grant period.
Note: please contact the publisher directly regarding these guidelines; some publishers (at their discretion) may have grants available that can be awarded to veterans that have served beyond the 10-year guideline listed above, or grants that can be awarded to the surviving spouse of a veteran.
Candidates must complete and approve all required American Home Town Heroes Grant documents, applications, verifications, limits of liability, press release forms, etc. in order to be considered a qualified applicant.